Sunday 2 December 2007

HK Wilson Trail Stage 1 & 2

Hi All, With my entry confirmed for Western States I thought that I should start some decent training. I’ve put on a few kgs and need some good consistent miles under the belt to get back in shape.



I met my mate Ian (a kiwi but let’s not hold that against him) for an Indian lunch in Stanley, on the southern side of Hong Kong, and planned to hike back to Quarry Bay, which is on the busy side of the Island.

The Curry was good and the hiking was hard. Ok it was only 11.4km but there was bugger all running. It is either all up or all down.

Much of the trial is concreted and it is bloody steep. Have a look at the first kilometre, see above.

Anyway I’m happy to have done it.

6 Comments:

At 3 December 2007 at 4:58 am, Blogger Superflake said...

I was wondering when you might resurface. Are you coming back for Six Foot?

 
At 3 December 2007 at 12:05 pm, Blogger plu said...

Looks more natural than I thought the island would be.

Plu

 
At 3 December 2007 at 1:26 pm, Blogger Aussie Ultra Runner said...

Good to see you back on air, hope to see you for some Aussie races,
Kelvin

 
At 9 December 2007 at 5:28 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

I'm glad you have managed to make it out on the trails. I thought you were trapped by your new lifestyle.

 
At 13 December 2007 at 8:04 pm, Blogger undercover brother said...

i enjoy this international blogging thing!

 
At 21 December 2007 at 9:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We look forward to seeing you in June, fit, fast and trim.

Happy Holidays!

Carol and Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home