Tuesday 20 March 2007

A big week, a STaR and a PB

Well after my big 12 foot (plus 8.5km) I took it easy for the rest of the week but still notched 100miles. On Sunday I went on the Chloe canter STaR with the Striders and missed both the 6am and 6:10am groups. SO I ran with the 6:20am group, much to Superflake's amusement. I hung in for a while and blew up. No matter it was 28km of fun after the dust had settled.

Monday was a double day. 10km in the morning then 6km at lunch in the humidity. Today was SWEAT training and a big PB. I was set 2 laps of the lake and 1 lap of the lake. Managed 11:43 for the 2.9km on rough ground. That's a pb. Almost exactly 4min/km. At the start I checked to see what Horrie was up to and he was also doing two laps but decided to give three a shot. So just tucked in about 30m behind him and let him carry me through. fantastic.

2 Comments:

At 21 March 2007 at 4:47 am, Blogger Superflake said...

I must have missed all Johnathan's bad jokes. I thought you would be at the STaR as we run past your house, and close to mine for that matter. Love those grim sweeper shots.

 
At 21 March 2007 at 4:01 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

You were on fire on Tuesday big fella. I am starting to look over my shoulder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home