Saturday 24 February 2007

NYC

Since I last posted I've done bugger all running. I did manage to get out mid week for 5 miles in Seattle but I've been on the go and haven't had time to run. I was in Nth Carolina this morning and have come up to New York because there is a (rare) Qantas flight that leaves from JFK tomorrow night (Sat).

Tonight I arrrived at the hotel at 10:30pm and powerwalked downtown to my favorite NY jazz venue the Villiage Vanguard to catch a late set of performance of a group of eminence called the Brian Blade Fellowship which is a five piece led by the jazz guitarist Peter Bernstein. I walked back to my hotel from the villiage which is a bit dumb because it is so so cold out and the hike from 7th to 42nd street (where my hotel is) takes a while and I'll probably get sick.

Tomorrow I hope to run for four hours taking in the sights of Central Park and above 112th street (Harlem etc..) but it all depends on the weather. There is a fair bit of ice and snow about and while I do have the right gear I'm not sure if I really want to freeze my arse off for 4hrs. The alternative is to head to Washington Square to play speed chess but same problem, too cold.

I do quite like New York. It's an oasis of sophistication in a sea of supersize.

3 Comments:

At 24 February 2007 at 7:08 pm, Blogger plu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 24 February 2007 at 7:09 pm, Blogger plu said...

Brendan,

If you can get ont a computer with Movie Maker or Ulead you need to compress it down usually you can get it down by a factor of 8. google video allows bigger videos. I have watched lectures up to an hour.

There are a number of options - Real player is the smallest but grainy. The next one up is the best.

Have a good 4 hour run today tomorrow or now??

Plu

 
At 26 February 2007 at 10:40 am, Blogger Spud said...

Hurry up and get back here V, I'm looking forward to my trail 2120s and a peek of that video. Nice trainig mate. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home